Wednesday, April 21, 2021
No menu items!
HomePoliticsDominion Voting Systems accuses ex-Michigan senator of 'disinformation campaign'

Dominion Voting Systems accuses ex-Michigan senator of ‘disinformation campaign’

Lansing — Dominion Voting Systems is demanding that Patrick Colbeck, a former Michigan lawmaker, retract “false claims” he’s been making about the company in PowerPoint presentations.

Dominion sent Colbeck, who’s from Canton, a letter on Friday, according to a document obtained by The Detroit News. The company says Colbeck is waging a “disinformation campaign” while touring Michigan to give presentations entitled “Case for MI Decertification,” which blames Dominion for “stealing the election” from former President Donald Trump.

“You are knowingly sowing discord in our democracy, all the while soliciting exorbitant amounts of money — totaling over $1 million so far — from your audiences paid directly to your personal business,” says the letter signed by attorneys Thomas Clare and Megan Meier.

Former state Sen. Patrick Colbeck speaks on the steps of the Capitol as President Donald Trump supporters gather at the state Capitol Building in Lansing for a

At one point, the letter vows, “Make no mistake — Dominion will hold you accountable for these lies.”

Colbeck didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment Saturday.

The former lawmaker is an influential figure among conservative GOP groups in Michigan. He came in third place in the GOP primary race for governor in 2018 with 13% of the vote. Then-Attorney General Bill Schuette received 51%, and then-Lt. Gov. Brian Calley got 25%.

Source link

banknewsnowhttps://www.banknewsnow.com
Founder and CEO of the premier banking news informational website for the banking/financial industry, and applicants seeking careers exclusively in the finance field.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments

    Skip to toolbar