Editorial Note: Forbes may earn a commission on sales made from partner links on this page, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions or evaluations.
TD Bank is one of America’s largest banks by assets. It maintains 1,220 branches along the East Coast of the U.S., with footprints in 15 states and Washington, D.C. The bank has more than 150 years of history and serves 9.5 million customers.
TD Bank offers some features and perks that are worthy of attention. If you’re in the market for a new bank account or want to move your personal banking relationship to a different place, TD Bank could be a good fit.
Learn more about how TD Bank may be able to support your personal financial goals. This review focuses on TD Bank’s personal banking services.
Account details and annual percentage yields (APYs) are accurate as of April 6, 2021. TD Bank’s product details, rate and fee information may vary slightly by location. We used the bank’s New York location for this review.
TD Bank offers five checking accounts with different levels of benefits and features.
- TD Convenience Checking. This is the bank’s standard checking account for everyday banking. The $15 monthly maintenance fee is waived if you keep a minimum daily balance of $100. There’s also no monthly maintenance fee for students aged 17 to 23. This account gives you a debit card, access to online and mobile banking, mobile check deposit, overdraft protection from a connected TD Bank savings account, Zelle to send money, discounts on TD Bank personal loans and home equity loans and other features to manage your financial life.
- TD Beyond Checking. This is a checking account with more perks and features than Convenience Checking, but you need to have a more significant banking relationship with TD Bank to make it worthwhile. The account charges a $25 monthly maintenance fee. Still, the fee can be waived if you make monthly direct deposits of $5,000 or more, keep a minimum daily balance of $2,500 in the account or have a combined balance of $25,000 across multiple TD Bank accounts. Qualifying customers with the TD Beyond Checking account also get free ATM transactions at non-TD Bank ATMs, two free overdraft fees per year and other perks like free standard checks. The Beyond Checking account also pays interest, but the APY is currently 0.01%.
- TD 60 Plus Checking. This account is designed for people aged 60 and over. It offers interest (0.01% APY), free checks and no monthly fee if you maintain a minimum daily balance of $250.
- TD Student Checking. TD Bank’s student checking account offers special perks for students and young adults ages 17 to 23, such as no monthly fee and no minimum deposit.
- TD Simple Checking. If you want a basic checking account and are willing to pay a monthly fee of $5.99, this account offers a debit card, online banking…