Stocks of Central Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), Bank of India (BOI), and UCO Bank gained 3-6 per cent in Thursday’s trade, reacting to the government’s Rs 14,500-crore capital infusion proposal as this could help them exit the prompt corrective action (PCA) framework.
This money, received by the banks on Wednesday, is through zero-coupon bonds (ZCBs). Interestingly, in the case of Bank of Maharashtra, when the government infused Rs 5,500 crore of capital as ZCBs, media reports suggested that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) wasn’t comfortable with …
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
Business Standard Digital Monthly Subscription
Complete access to the premium product
Convenient – Pay as you go
Pay using Amex/Master/VISA Credit Cards and VISA Debit Cards Only
Auto renewed (subject to your card issuer’s permission)
Cancel any time in the future
Note: Subscription will be auto renewed, you may cancel any time in the future without any questions asked.
Requires personal information
What you get?
ON BUSINESS STANDARD DIGITAL
- Unlimited access to all the content on any device through browser or app.
- Exclusive content, features, opinions and comment – hand-picked by our editors, just for you.
- Pick 5 of your favourite companies. Get a daily email with all the news updates on them.
- Track the industry of your choice with a daily newsletter specific to that industry.
- Stay on top of your investments. Track stock prices in your portfolio.
- 18 years of archival data.
- The product is a monthly auto renewal product.
- Cancellation Policy: You can cancel any time in the future without assigning any reasons, but 48 hours prior to your card being charged for renewal.
We do not offer any…